Gayundah Abstract

Woody point, Queensland, Australia.
SKU: QW15-7555M (3:2)

HMQS Gayundah was a flat-iron gunboat operated by the Queensland Maritime Defence Force and later the Royal Australian Navy as HMAS Gayundah. She entered service in 1884 and was decommissioned and sold to a civilian company in 1921. She then served as sand and gravel barge in Brisbane until the 1950s, when she was scrapped. In 1958, Gayundah was run aground at Woody Point near Redcliffe to serve as a breakwater structure and not, as is commonly believed, a shipwreck.

Options

Clear